Will and Noah love to skate and beg me all the time to take them to the good skate park in NSB. After I cut their hair this morning, I told them I would take them so they could practice a bit. Ethan said he was going to stay home with Jen, but at the last minute changed his mind. Looks like he should have stayed home, because after only about 5 minutes there, he was bit by a fire ant on his foot. He said that it hurt much worse than the other times, probably because this one was hung on until Ethan
killed him took him off. I gave him some Zyrtec that I had in my car (that's all I had - besides an EpiPen). We figured out over time that all you have to do is take a double-dose of Benadryl, and you're fine in about a half hour. Since Zyrtec isn't the correct thing to take, I drove him home so he could take some Benadryl. I was trying to avoid having to use the EpiPen. Anyway, we got home in no time, but he still broke out in hives everywhere.
These two pictures are long after he took Benadryl.

3 comments:
Oh, poor boy - hopes this clears up soon.
Nice hair cut, sorry about the hives!
Love, Y
Argh. I hate the fire ants and glad we don't have them here (yet). I am somewhat allergic to all of those stinging creatures too.
Post a Comment