Sunday, February 03, 2008

We started Superbowl Sunday off at the beach. When we left that beach around noon it was 84 out! Melissa even managed to get a sunburn! It worked out perfect as it was low tide right as we arrived. I once again had no luck crossing the drawbridge. This time it wasn't up but was being painted! Only one lane on the bridge was open and flagmen were directing traffic so I decided to use the narrow sidewalk to cross. I got to the top where there were tons of men painting the bridge and huge buckets of paint taking up the entire sidewalk! Ugh... They were kind enough to move their buckets of paint so I could get by. Melissa decided to feed the seagulls Fritos and there were about 30 seagulls in our faces! One little guy only had one foot!
Despite his bad back, Chris played a little soccer with Ethan and Emma.
He is still wearing his winter pale! I think he looks even skinnier in winter pale! He was excited this week, fully clothed he weighed 39 lbs when he stepped on the scale. Normally he is around 36 lbs. He has actually gained 3 lbs this winter.
Ethan announced today that he wanted to grow his hair long. I was just telling him that he needed a haircut!
A very pale Will! That is the dead giveaway that it is in the middle of winter here!
After the beach we came home and prepared for the Superbowl. I think we had enough food for 25 people! We had delicious homemade macaroni and cheese, potato skins, two types of cheese sticks, hot broccoli dip, carrots, celery, cheese, carrots, grilled chicken salad, chips, and cinnamon bread! Mike and Melissa brought over Dale's artichoke dip as well.

This is a picture of my cutie Hanzie from last week!

Chris and I were leaving to take Hanzie to the dog park last weekend and this bird was sitting on Chris' car. We both walked outside, along with Hanzie, and got in the van and he never budged! We get a lot of birds in our yard. They like hunting for lizards in our hot landscaping rocks!


Hanzie is surely showing his age. He played hard for about 30 minutes and then went to the gate asking to go home! Here he goes out to fetch the HUGE tennis ball.
Got it!
Okay, let's go home!

This was taken over a week ago at one of Will's lessons. He is riding Cody. Cody does all sorts of cool tricks! Will rode Cody this week as well.
Ethan and Imp. Imp likes getting lots of attention and is one of our favorite horses at the barn.

No comments: