This has been a whirlwind week! Monday Ethan had his awards ceremony and Abby was spayed. It is safe to say that Ethan had a better day than Abby! Ethan got tons of awards and was very excited. He got an award in every subject area for straight A's for the entire year. He also got reading awards, an In the Zone award for good behavior, and a creative writing award. We picked up Abby around 4:15 on Monday afternoon. She was quite groggy. She pottied tons when we took her outside before we got in the car. Then as soon as we got home she threw up twice before coming in the house. Then, every time she tried to stand up for hours she would throw up again. She wouldn't touch water or ice cubes so I was a nervous wreck. Chris played puppy nurse after I went to bed and apparently did a better job because he finally got her to eat an ice cube and drink some water around midnight. Noah didn't look good all day on Monday. He kept saying he felt fine but he had super glassy eyes and flushed cheeks. I finally took his temperature around 7:00 and it was 102! It sort of worked out because I was able to stay home with Abby and Noah on Tuesday! Noah's fever shot up to over 103 on Tuesday and was completely gone by Wednesday afternoon. Abby was 120% by Tuesday morning. The other Tuesday event was Chris' purchase of a motorcycle. I'll let him tell you about that!
Wednesday was the big In the Zone Field Day for all the kids that had zero discipline referrals for the entire year. I'm happy to say that nearly all the kids at the school got to attend. I was put on event duty and was standing in 95 degree heat and sun all day! To top it off there was a local wildfire blowing some nasty smoke towards the field for a better part of the day. Blah... The kids of course didn't seem to mind. The only competitive event was the 50-yard-dash. Each child ran it and was timed. They gave out grade level awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Will came in first for kindergarten! There are nearly 90 kindergartners at our school so I was impressed! When we got home from school on Wednesday Abby was standing at the door with Hanzie to greet us! The boys had built a fort around Abby's crate Tuesday night and left one of her crate doors unlocked. We NEVER use that door to access the crate so Chris didn't even think to check it when he put her in. Well, she had the day to roam the house. I am extremely happy to say that the only evidence that she spent the day outside of her crate unsupervised were three chewed up Lincoln Logs! Not bad for a 4 month old lab puppy! I was so proud of her. No accidents, no damage. She didn't impress me enough to let her try it again though!
The kids finished out the school week on a happy note. Their teachers had lots of fun events planned and kept them busy and out of trouble! I can hardly believe that Ethan is already halfway through his elementary career! To celebrate the end of the year the kids had a waffle party last night that included M&M's, chocolate chips, whipped cream, ice cream, syrup, and sprinkles. Oddly enough, the boys asked for dessert later in the night! After dinner the kids all watched the new Naked Brothers movie that premiered last night. They stayed up a bit late. I'm not sure how that is impacting them this morning at the select soccer try-outs. Hopefully they will all do okay. Will and Noah are lucky to have Melissa as a coach that knows what she is doing. Ethan did not fair as well this season so we are hoping that the traveling teams will offer better instruction and prepare them for high school soccer!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment