Monday, August 11, 2008

Are Wii Fit?

Sadly, no! The Wii Fit came today. Thankfully the UPS guy came first thing this morning so we could spend our last day of summer playing with it! I personally think the soccer heading is the funniest, but not necessarily the most fun. So far, it is the only one I have been able to try since I can't squeeze in a turn with the boys. Will loves, loves, loves skiing! Noah is also a fan of soccer. Unfortunately, Ethan lost video games for the day. He has not been able to try it out yet. Bad day to lose video games!
I'm still in denial that school starts for teachers tomorrow. I woke up at 5:30 today to let Hanzie out and it was dark. That is what time I have to get up on school days to walk the dogs. I am not at all looking forward to it! Back to a 9:30 bedtime! The boys have been getting to bed by 8:00 this week, for the most part, so they will be all ready for the early morning wake up calls. Every year they are completely miserable to be around the first two weeks of school. They are tired and not adjusted to the routine. Plus, Ethan has soccer two nights a week for two hours. He should be quite a joy to be around next week. Yikes.

This weekend we did a little back to school shopping. We bought all the boys new Vans over the summer for school. Since they have PE every day this year, we decided to go get all of them one additional pair of new shoes. We need to load up on socks as well. It seems to be a major issue finding a pair of socks every morning in our house. Every morning at least one of the boys is reduced to tears in a quest to find socks. Senseless stress for all involved, I promise you!

Summer highlights...

Noah ~ Going to the DC United game with Grandma Pat and Pop-Pop Bob.

Ethan ~ Riding a four-wheeler for two weeks on vacation.

Will ~ Seeing his grandparents since he hadn't seen them in a long time.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

First, good luck with the start of school!

Second, I have to ask...what led to Ethan missing out on vids all day? If you can share, please do. If you can't, I will understand! Hope he's back into the fun before long (and that whatever happened has been resolved/repaired).

Jennifer said...

Nothing serious...we have a rule that if they come to sleep in our room in the middle of the night then no video games the next day. Otherwise, we end up with three boys in our bed every night!