5 years ago
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Guess what...it is STILL raining!
Once again, we are stuck at home in the rain! Today the weather is actually bad enough to warrant staying home. Emma and Paige spent the night last night. After convincing Chris to go get them Dunkin Donuts in the driving rain, they decided to go swimming. The pool was only 80 and with the strong winds and cold rain, they didn't last long in the pool. I turned the spa on for them, but even that didn't last for long!

Hanzie is sporting his USA bandanna to support the USA's Women's Soccer Team during their gold medal game.
This was taken earlier this morning. Water is beginning to pile up wherever it can. I just checked on the pool and the drainage system is having a hard time keeping up with the rain. It is above the drainage line at this point. Hopefully Chris will not be out there emptying buckets of water like he has had to do in the past!
This photo was also taken this morning. It is far windier now. Still not that bad though. Our power has blinked several times today. The neighborhood just behind us was without power yesterday. I'm sure lots more people will be without power by the end of the day. I just hope we aren't one of them!
Of course since the weather picked up, Chris rushed off to the beach with his cameras in tow. He can share those later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you know how much rain you've gotten? I guessed it must be a lot, as I heard on CNN that Florida was getting 10 to 25 inches. Wow! I remember when we had nearly 12 inches last August. I can't imagine twice that!
Post a Comment