5 years ago
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Bike Ride Rescue
On our bike ride this morning, Melissa and I found this turtle in the middle of the road. We tried to rescue it, but a kind sir drove up in his truck and insisted we let him do it. He was truly trying to be nice, but we just didn't agree with his rescue technique! He basically just scooted the poor turtle across the road rather than just picking it up. Once he drove off, we finished the rescue efforts. The lake the poor water turtle was trying to get to was over a fence. Melissa picked him up and put him on the other side of the fence. I watered him down and he made is way to the pond. We continued on our way. It was super hot, super sunny, and super windy which did not make for fun ride today. I was trying to use my powers to call away the wind element, but I'm lacking ability!
Check out that pointy nose!
Yesterday, Noah refused to lose the rollerblading gear to eat. Once he did shed the gear, I was pretty happy that the left it on at the table. He was so sweaty under that helmet!
I made them homemade cinnamon whipped cream to put on their waffles last night and only Ethan and Noah liked it. Bummer.
Off to spend the afternoon swimming and doing laundry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That turtle appreciates your kindness. Swimming sounds fun - but laundry is another thing. I like cinnamon whipped cream - maybe the boys will grow a taste for it.
Post a Comment