Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Today was cooking day. Well, sort of. We made the stuffing and pumpkin pie for tomorrow's camping feast. I called on to my Nana to stand beside me and give me guidance not to ruin the stuffing. She must of answered because it seemed to have turned out perfect! Okay, I just had a tiny taste so the true test will come tomorrow, but I have faith. I had the boys, and Emma and Paige once they arrived, pull apart all of the bread for the stuffing. My mom used me as her form of child labor for this every Thanksgiving morning so now I get to have the fun of imposing this chore on others! My sister somehow never woke up until all of that was finished in the morning. I think she rolled out of bed right around 9:00 when the parade came on. My mom and I were conveniently finished with all of the cooking chores by then.
Mmmm... nothing like the smell of sauteing celery and onions on Thanksgiving morning, or in our case Thanksgiving Eve!
Melissa and I have started a new tradition with our own children. It involves driving up to Krispy Kreme Thanksgiving Eve to get doughnuts for the morning.

The boys have been happily playing Sing It. They also watched Hairspray with Melissa. Apparently she instilled the same sort of strange excitement she has for the movie in them. They woke up and asked to watch it again today! After all the cooking today I think we need a pizza trip to the beach this evening!

No comments: