Noah has been reading Nate the Great books non-stop since starting the first grade. I think it has all gone to his head! I walked Abby and Hanzie on Monday morning. My shoes were dirty from playing in the yard with Abby the night before so I made a point to leave them by the front door when we got home from the walk because they were still pretty sandy. On Monday night, Will and Noah decided to go to soccer with Chris and Ethan. I walk the dogs a few miles each night and could not find my shoes anywhere! I ended up walking miles in my flip flops. This continued all week and it was completely puzzling to me about where the shoes could have ended up. Hanzie has a habit of taking my shoes and clothes while I'm at work to sleep with. I checked all of his hang out spots and still no shoes! Today we were getting ready for Ethan's soccer game and I told Will that I had no idea where my shoes are and it was really bugging me. He screamed, "I know, I know where they are," are ran off to get them. He came back within seconds and with them in hand. I asked him where on earth he found them and he told me that he and Noah had hid them. Why you ask...well, I often offer the kids things if they find my missing keys, sunglasses, shoes, etc. I tell them that they need to be detectives like Nate the Great and get on the case. They decided that they would hide them and when I offered something they were planning on telling me they would look for them for a Slurpee from 7-Eleven! So, my shoes have been well hidden under one of their beds all week long while they were waiting for me to put them on the case!!!
I won't mention much about Ethan's soccer game since the retelling of his games is getting quite boring and repetitive. He scored a goal today and after that had a major confidence boost and played awesome to the end!
5 years ago
1 comment:
jen----that is too funny
Post a Comment