5 years ago
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Toy Room Meltdown
Today I insisted that the boys clean the toy room. Normally their version of cleaning the toy room involves throwing toys in any container, basket, or nook in the closet that can possibly hold one more toy. I sent them in there and told them to start with the baskets on the toy shelves. I gave them directions to empty them and sort them into the correct bins. Ha! Well, they emptied them and then just threw them into random bins again! So, I emptied them all out again and told them to start over. I heard just about everything after that! They were just going to throw them all out was the first one. Once they realized I wasn't going to argue that one, they decided that they would threaten to move out! Hmmm...at that point I may have just considered their request! I told them if they couldn't organize and take care of the toys they already had that they would have to return any toys or games that they got for their birthday and Christmas and put the money in their savings accounts. That really got them. Then they just decided to cancel their birthdays and Christmas. So, yes, "Christmas is cancelled!" Grandma arrives on Monday so I told them that they had to get the room cleaned so she would have somewhere to stay. Even that didn't work! So, the entire day has been a battle. Thrown in the middle was a trip to the grocery store. They finally "cleaned" the toy room. It still does not meet my standards, however, I'm done battling them and it at least looks presentable. They are now watching Jon & Kate Plus 8. When the kids melted down on that show I was quick to remind them that my day was just like that, but with 6 year olds and an 8 year old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh man! YOu mean they dont grow out of this stage? I thought Sofia was just going through her terrible two's by defying everything I ask of her. The things I have to look forward to :-)
Post a Comment