Tuesday, February 03, 2009

1/2 Days to Days Off

Poor Noah has been sick since last Thursday. He has had a terrible cough and has only made it through half the day both on Friday and yesterday. This morning he sounded so awful that we didn't send him. He really wants to go to school so it is hard to convince him to stay home. Today is the 100th day of school and they have a celebration. He was trying to convince us that he was fine and needed to go. In the end, he decided it would be best to stay home. Will started to lose his voice yesterday so I think it is just a matter of time for him!

Ethan's spring soccer season has officially started. He had a few practices for the last few weeks leading up to a tournament. The practices were all on Saturdays. This week started the full schedule of practices which includes hours at the field each week. Last night was rained out! I don't think he minded! They played four games on Saturday at their tournament so I think he was happy to have a break.

This weekend brought some sad news. My sister's dog, Cedar, passed. He was a 10 year old golden retriever. He was the last remaining member of Hanzie's original crew. It reminds me of my grandma saying, "You know you are old when you are crossing off everyone from your phonebook because their dead!" Cedar was such a sweet dog. It will be strange walking around my parents' without him there to follow us on our hikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Nick has been missed 8 days of school with mycoplasma (walking) pneumonia it started like a really bad cough. In the end Sarah and I both got it and it really wipes you out. I hope Noah gets better and Will stays well. We always enjoy reading the blog.
Yvonne

Liz said...

I hope Noah gets well soon. We are very familiar with the horrible cough. Colin's a pneumonia kid, Caroline coughs to the point of vomiting regularly.

Sorry to hear about Cedar. It is sad for Hanzie.