Wednesday, November 01, 2006

We had a lot of fun during our Halloween festivities. Melissa had a Halloween party on Sunday. The boys had a lot of fun bobbing for apples, playing musical chairs, and painting everybody! On Tuesday all the boys had fun activities at school. Will and Noah had the traditional Halloween parade and party at their school. They got to dress up in their costumes and got tons of Halloween loot. Our school is a bit more conservative in the Halloween area and Ethan had "Harvest Day." They rotated around through the different teachers doing all different activities. They even did some square dancing with the PE coaches. After school we started preparing for trick-or-treaters. The boys get more excited about getting everything ready for the kids than they do going trick-or-treating themselves. We couldn't even convince Ethan to go trick-or-treating. He stayed home the entire time passing out candy. Will, Noah, and I did two streets in the neighborhood with Mary and Emily. Will and Noah actually were ready to go home after one street, but Mary and I convinced them to do one more street. At that point I was already carrying their loaded candy bags! Once we all got home the boys helped Ethan pass out more candy and they played with their light sabers in the front yard. Today I had to stay home and wait for the pool repair guy. I got all of the Halloween stuff put away and got out all our Thanksgiving book, crafts, and decorations. After I picked up the boys from school we spent the rest of the afternoon reading Thanksgiving books, doing crafts, and watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving and Charlie Brown's Mayflower Voyage.
Ethan as Anakin!
Will as the muscular Superman!

Noah as Master Yoda!


Trick-or-treating headquarters at the Schrader house! You can't get the full effect until it gets dark and the fogger and strobe light are going.



No comments: