Thursday, March 13, 2008

This past week has just flown by! I have been crazy busy at school with testing stuff and we had Aunt Kate here to keep us entertained. Kate's visit wasn't very exciting for her. We were at work and/or school most of the days that she was here. In addition, Will had several doctor visits while she was here. The evenings were spent either bike riding or walking followed by a movie, and for Kate and Chris, Guitar Heroes III into the wee hours of the morning.

The weekend brought some time for us to do more thrilling things. Kate got to watch Will at his horseback riding lesson. After the lesson, Kate and I rode bikes to the beach. Sadly, Kate's only visit to the beach was cold and windy. Not to mention, she had to bike herself there! Chris drove the boys up and we were able to play soccer for a bit. The beach was GIGANTIC and perfect for bike riding on. Sunday morning we woke up early to go to Universal. That was especially difficult since we lost an hour at the same time! We had a blast at Universal. We got to ride some roller coasters and some of the boys favorite rides as well. We often see cats roaming around Universal. They always tend to be hanging around the Jurassic Park area of the park. We sat at some secluded tables to eat lunch and a kitten came up begging for food. Kate and the boys fed him well and he really looked like he wanted to come home with us. We tried to convince Chris to let us stash him in one of our backpacks but it was a no go. I won't even share the name Noah came up for him. Let's just say he wanted to name him Super (place alternate word for cat here) Cat Hero.
Chris and the boys posed for a trick photography picture. My camera wouldn't work with it, so this is what you get! That is the new Simpson's ride that they are building to replace Back to the Future (sob, sob Melissa and Greg).
Kate left Monday evening and had a not so fun flight home. Sorry!

The boys started soccer practice on Monday night. They had practice again tonight. So far they all seem happy on their teams. I am looking forward to the weekend. I'm completely mentally drained from testing and need some down time! Sadly, I don't even have to take the test. I get to drop off a bunch of the tests tomorrow and get them out of my sight, so that will feel good! Only one more week of testing to go.

No comments: