This morning we headed off to the beach. The tide was out so we swam out to the sandbar so the kids could boogie board. They spent nearly the entire 2 1/2 hours that we were there on their boards. Will, having the bad luck that he does, got stung by a jellyfish. After putting up with the sting for a good while, he finally allowed me to take him over to the lifeguard to throw some vinegar on it. He was happy that we went, because he felt better almost instantly and headed back out to the waves.
We got home right at lunch time so it was a mad rush to get the dogs out, change wet clothes, make lunch, etc. So, I walked over to Abby to let her out of her crate and she had SHREDDED her crate bed. I'm not sure she'll like laying on the hard crate tomorrow! What a brat. And yes, she had been on a walk before we left so it is HER fault! She had all the necessary chew toys in her crate with her as well.
After swimming for a couple hours we came in so I could start dinner. Ethan requested one of his favorites, lasagna. While I was making it, I thought of a funny Ethan story. When Ethan was two he helped me prepare a lasagna. While it was baking we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Much to our surprise, the normally quiet Ethan, was telling everyone that he helped his mommy make lagina! We corrected him a million times and had him repeat it to us, however, every time we saw a new person he would scream out, "I helped my mommy make lagina!!!" Ah, good times!
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment