Wednesday, July 23, 2008

While Dad is away, the rest of us will play!

Yesterday we hosted a lunch for all the teachers from school. We had a good time. The kids all swam while we ate and chatted. It was nice to get everyone together during the summer. After dinner Abby had obedience class and we threw in a little play time at the dog park. She is coming right along with her training. Although, she isn't really learning much yet because we have already taught her everything the teacher has gone over.

This morning we went to the beach for a couple hours. When we got there it was a chilly 75 degrees, but by the time we left it had warmed up to 88. The boys were able to get their boogie boarding fix. We came home at lunch time and have spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. Abby has now discovered that she does not actually need to use the stairs to get into the pool. Of course this was great fun for us. We laughed endlessly while she dove in over and over! The boys called Chris to tell him the newest development and he wasn't all that impressed since he doesn't entirely like her in the pool. Since it is such a form of amusement to the boys and me, he tolerates it. Honestly, it doesn't get much cuter!
Self portrait.
I think we were trying to take a respectable picture. I'm not sure what happened!
This is the best video I could capture. She actually made several full on running dives into the pool but I managed to miss capturing any of them on film. I'll have to get Chris out there, he is much better in the photography department.

No comments: