Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Not in the Groove

A funny Noah story to share. The boys have been tired and grouchy since they once again have to wake up early to get to school after their long break. It has been the most apparent in Noah. Ethan and Will finished their homework after school and went to the playground behind my class to play with the other staff kids. Noah wasn't finished but was behind them in less than a minute. I had told Ethan and Will to be back in 15 minutes because it would be time to go home. On his way out the door, I told Noah to be back in 14 minutes. He was NOT happy. He said he would be back in 15 because that is how long Ethan and Will had. I told him that he was to come back with Ethan and Will and tears started flowing. I then reminded him that it would probably be best to stop the crying and go out to play and have fun with the time he did have. To that, he flew out the door and tried to slam it behind him. My door is heavy and does not close easily. His dramatic door slam did not work out for him. The best part, is that he opened the door and tried to slam it three more times before finally giving up. He was so mad as I sat there hysterically laughing at him! I'm not sure how we will make it through the next 13 days before break. The kids are already off the wall. I just need to remind myself that once we make it there we have a nice 16 day break!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that new banner!!!

Chris said...

Thanks whoever you are. At least someone around here appreciates my design/photography skills!!

Liz said...

I am jealous of your vacation schedule. Even though we only have two more days than you, I feel like they are going to be two of the longest days ever!