5 years ago
Sunday, February 25, 2007
WEEKEND! We had a fun, busy weekend! After a very stressful week at school, we took the boys over to Melissa's for dinner and trampoline fun. After the kids ate, Melissa and I went and got take-out from a place that we wanted to try while Chris, Mike, and the kids played Wii at our house. I had a couple glasses of wine and a nice relaxing evening! Saturday morning Chris had to work. I took Hanzie and the boys to Riverbreeze Park for a little hike and playground fun. We met the Eagney's and Bobbie there. The kids and dogs all seemed to have a good time. We had planned on going to see Taylor Hicks at Universal on Saturday night. After multiple people told us how busy and crazy it is there, we talked the kids into going to see Bridge to Terebithia. I had read the booked as a child and teared up instantly when I knew the sad part was coming. I'm sure Chris thought I was nuts since he hadn't read the book and didn't know what was to come! We all really liked it. After the movie, we grilled at Mike and Melissa's. The kids got in the hot tub after dinner and chilled out in there with the High School Musical soundtrack blaring. After relaxing, they had some "champagne" and it was bed time! This morning while Chris biked, I took Hanzie and the boys hiking on the trails next to the bike trails. It was the LONGEST 3.5 miles I have ever walked! Everyone started off in good spirits. We got to the fork in the trail and it all went downhill from there. I gave the boys the choice of the short hike or long hike. They of course chose the long one! I told them that it was a very long walk through soft sand, but they swore that they could handle it. Well, about 1/4 mile in they were already asking to turn back. I just kept repeating Chris' favorite quote, "Winners never quit, and quitters never win!" I made them finish the entire trail. I think that even Hanzie was pretty steamed with me by the end!
Here they are happily into the beginning of the hike! Of course Ethan and Will had to prove their manhood by peeing in the woods 2 seconds into the walk.
If you look closely (or enlarge) at the picture below you can see the little armadillo we saw. Will said he looked like a miniature elephant!
This was the halfway point of the hike! After this we had to turn around and walk back! You can see how happy they were that I made them walk all the way to Sunset Bluff! They may never want to see Sunset Bluff again! It was here that they had their snack and water. It only went further downhill from here. Noah spent half of his time laying in the middle of the trail. I can't even begin to tell you about the complaining!
They are happily playing Wii with dad now. They did take a nap since we tired them out this morning. Not that it did me any good since I was grocery shopping while they napped!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment