Where to begin, where to begin?? Friday was quite a busy day. At school it was spirit day and the theme was pajama day. So, of course I wore my pajamas to school. I also had a meeting at another school just north of Daytona Beach. I walked into the office at the other school to sign in and they looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "What, you don't have casual Friday here?" Sadly, they believed me. I decided to fill them in that it was actually spirit day at my school. Ethan nearly refused to go to class. I guess all the kids in his class missed the reminder announcement on Thursday because they were on the playground. He was the only one in his entire class to wear his! I went in with him to show them all my pajamas and he was then fine with it! Friday after school we had kid/dog playtime at Melissa's house. We got pizza for dinner and after I headed straight out to Relay for Life with Abby and everyone else went to watch Paige's soccer game. After the game they all met me up at the park. Chris had agreed back in October to do Mr. Relay. We were told that involved him walking a lap in drag. Well... we were misinformed. Even Friday night, our team's leader told him that he just had to walk a lap. He took the boys home to put them to bed and get his outfit together and I stayed to walk a few more laps. I flew home so he could get back to the Relay by 10:00. He showed up just in time and they put him in line. They went up to him in line and asked him what his talent was going to be. Um, what talent??? Apparently it was a "beauty contest." So, up on stage Chris went in front of TONS of people. Amazingly enough, he came in third place! Next year, with so much time to prepare, we expect him to take first! At some point I'll have some pictures to post.
The kids had team pictures on Saturday morning. For some reason their soccer pictures were taken inside the gym!?! Chris and Mike snapped a few outside. Here is their serious look.
And then the goofball look.
Ethan's team had pictures as well. They are not nearly as organized a team so no pictures of that.
After soccer, the boys, along with the Eagney's, went to Turtle Day. They started off at the marine science center for a look at how the turtle was cared for there.

They then moved to the beach where Old Boots, the 175 lb turtle, would be released.

Go, Old Boots, go!
Today Will, Noah, and I headed out early to get to the skate park before the teenagers got there with their smoking and cursing. Will and Noah skated for an hour. They decided to bring their skateboards and scooters. Normally they only skateboard for a few minutes. This time they spent nearly the entire hour on the skateboards. I was a nervous wreck. Noah had quite a few crashes out there. He was doing even the steepest drop ins. Ugh... I could barely stomach it! After their morning at the park they spent the rest of the day playing outside and went for a couple of swims. The pool was up to 87 degrees so it was warmer than the outside temperature. It made for good swimming. Even Abby went for a dip. We are trying to teach her to go to the stairs in case she ever falls in. She needs a few more practices I think!
No comments:
Post a Comment