Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!! And happy birthday to Roey! We had a nice relaxing day today. We slept in a bit, until 8:00, pretty nice. Once we got in gear after a big breakfast we went plant shopping. Will was amazed at how much stuff we had for breakfast so he insisted that he needed to use a big boy plate (aka dinner plate) to fit it all. They were all quite happy to be eating from the big plates. While plant shopping Noah picked out another purple flower. He picked it from a clearance rack and it only cost $1.99. I wish the stuff I wanted was on that rack! Melissa keeps telling me to get some lantana. Well today I found some that I liked. It is an Anne Marie lantana and flowers in yellow, purple, and pink. I also got a lavender allamanda. I didn't realize how large they grew when I picked it out. Hopefully it doesn't go too wild! I just love the big purple trumpet flowers on it! After plant shopping we ran home, had lunch, and then took off for for the beach. I read some of my US magazine and then tried out Chris' new body board. I'm officially addicted. It was so much fun! During our visit to the beach we saw the rockets' red glare go bursting into the air! The shuttle launch was cool. The boys kept asking over and over again if it was for real. We watched the live NASA feed before we left so they saw the astronauts on the shuttle talking and were completely amazed that those were the same people going to space! After watching the shuttle disappear into space we hung out for a bit so the boys could hear the loud thunderous sound. After the beach we came home and got ready for the cook-out at Bobbie's. Dick was our grill man and everything was delicious, especially the banana pudding!
My new allamanda! I may have to move it now that I realize how big it is going to get.


The rockets' red glare!!!



A couple more shuttle shots.

No comments: