Wednesday, July 12, 2006

We survived our latest Disney experience! We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside. We were familiar with that resort. It is the same resort that we stayed out when we went with Bill and Steph a couple years ago. The last time we stayed there we were quite far from everything. We were literally the furthest building away from everything at the resort. This time I knew to ask to be closer to everything. After standing in line for 45 minutes to check-in with all the other people checking in with the conference and a few unlucky families that were checking in at the same time, I begged the lady to give us a room close to the lobby, restaurant, and pool. She was nice and not only gave us a room close to everything, but a room that was available 4 hours early! That worked out nicely for Chris and the boys. They didn't have to hang out waiting for the room. I checked in, gave Chris the key, and RAN to catch the bus to take me to the conference at the Dolphin Resort. The conference was insane. Unfortunately, only a few of the workshops that I attended over the three days were helpful. Those few did provide some great ideas though so it was worth it. They also had some great keynote speakers such as Antwone Fisher and Ron Clark. I now want to read both of their books. Each night Chris hung out with the boys at either Downtown Disney (No worries- the hotel had a boat that launched there so Chris didn't have to navigate himself anywhere!) or the hotel pool. Each night we went to Universal and rode a bunch of rides at Islands of Adventure. We also worked in trips to Mall at Millennia and Florida Mall. The highlight of Universal was getting drenched on the Popeye whitewater ride. We were lucky enough to get to stay on and a get a second dose of getting drenched. The boys thought it was awesome to be soaked. They couldn't stop talking about how their socks and even their underwear were sopping wet- good times! Chris also enjoyed scaring the life out of Will and Ethan on the Jurassic Park River ride. Noah wasn't tall enough so he was spared! (I have unsuccessfully tried to add pictures, I will try again later.)

No comments: