Thursday, August 16, 2007

It has been a busy, but good start, to the new school year. Enough said about that! The boys are in a state of excitement mixed with anxiety about the new school year. Ethan finally visited his classroom today and got excited. His teacher is Mrs. Zois. He knows her as a friend, sub, and mom to one of Will and Noah's old preschool classmates. She had a previous career in nursing and made the jump to teaching this year. She is very excited about the school year and is fully motivated to make the best of her first year teaching. Will and Noah have Mrs. Walton as their teacher. They have visited with her several times. In addition to regular visits when Ethan attended kindergarten with Mrs. Walton, they have been stopping by throughout the summer and the last week of preparations. Today their name plates were affixed to their desks and they had piles of papers ready to go home tomorrow with them at Meet the Teacher Day. Mrs. Walton is such a wonderful person and the boys will have a terrific year with her. This is not her first year teaching, I believe it is more like 25 years or so, but is just as eager to begin the new year.

I have not yet got back into the school year schedule. I'm trying to cram far too much into my days, but in time it will all catch up. I have kept up with daily biking and have also kept up with staying up too late! Just like with everyone else~ so much to do, so little time!

We are looking forward to the weekend. The Eagney girls are having a High School Musical 2 party on Friday. Then on Saturday we are taking the boys to the planetarium. They are having a laser show set to music. It is a double feature. The first half will be set to pop music (Noah and I are excited) and the second half is set to The Beatles (Chris, Ethan, & Will are excited). Sunday will have to be a low key day to prepare for school, perhaps the beach in the morning and then a relaxing afternoon at home.

I was just looking at pictures from my niece's birthday party. Yesterday was Alina's 4th birthday party. Her party was at Chuck E. Cheese and she chose a Strawberry Shortcake theme. Some days I am sad that we don't live in Maryland anymore!

(I tried to upload some pictures, but Blogger is not cooperating. Stay tuned...) There, it finally worked...

The 4-year-old Princess!

No comments: