Monday, July 23, 2007

Okay, I finally conquered the bridges! I have been afraid of looking like a complete dork crossing over the bridges to the beach so I have avoided them. Tonight I finally convinced Chris to do it with me. My thinking, if I have to look like a dork, I might as well have a fellow dork with me! Here I am on the North Causeway. It is by far the less intimidating of the two bridges.
We crossed over the North Causeway and rode down Flagler Avenue to the beach. Here Chris is riding in front of me.
Here I am working up a sweat!
We rode along the beach to 7th Street and then Chris convinced me to ride along Saxon and try to go over the South Causeway. I would have been more than happy riding back to the North Causeway but decided that I might as well try the other bridge. This is a view from the top of the South Causeway looking down at the boys' second favorite park.
Me at the top of the South Causeway bridge. My biggest biking fear is behind me and I now know that I can easily cross the North Causeway. The South Causeway was not nearly as easy, but obviously doable.
On the way home I didn't keep up with the peloton (aka Chris). He decided to ride 25 mph home to go see the boys. I decided to just go my normal speed and didn't try to keep up with him.

No comments: