Well, not too much going on around here. We are in the normal summer time craze, or funk, however you want to look at it. We made some progress on our magnetic chalkboard project, then some obstacles, and then more progress. You see, I primed it Saturday night and applied a second coat Sunday morning to get it all ready for Chris to prime with the magnetic primer. Well, the magnetic primer cannot be applied in humid conditions. In Florida, that means no chance of doing it in the garage or outside. So, Chris had to bring it inside to do it. He set up a tarp in the area between the living room and family room to do it. I took the boys to Bobbie's to swim with the girls. Hanzie just plopped himself by the front door waiting for us to return. When we got back it was decided that I would go bike riding with Melissa, while Chris took the boys and Hanzie on a walk to get them out of the house and away from the paint. Well... you can guess that before he got out the door Hanzie ran across it! So, Chris cleaned the carpet while I cleaned Hanzie. I locked Hanzie out on the lanai and then went for my bike ride. When I got back he was still out there looking awfully depressed. He was following me into the bathroom to get some water and suddenly took off across the project- AGAIN! Well, Chris fixed it again and now it is just waiting for the chalkboard paint and trim work.
Ethan had a dentist appointment yesterday and he remains cavity free. Today I met up with some teachers from school. Our meetings are turning into a lot more "school talk" than normal talk with the school year quickly approaching. On Saturday, I get a chance to be a Wal*Mart worker for 4 hours. Just what everyone wishes for, right?? Actually, I'm representing Crayola as a Star Teacher. I have a green Crayola apron to wear and my role is to assist parents in finding the supplies on their lists. It is the first day of the tax free week so I imagine it will be a bit crazy. But, after taking a survey I get $100 gift card to Wal*Mart to buy school supplies with so it will all be worth it! The boys are actually excited that their mom will be working at Wal*Mart. See, so in the eyes of 5 and 7 year-olds, working at Wal*Mart actually makes you cool! On Sunday we are off to the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando for my conference. The boys and my mom will be playing by the pool while I am in my meetings. We check out of the resort on Wednesday morning and take my mom to the airport on our way home.
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment