Thursday, September 04, 2008

Ethan = Earache

Well, poor Ethan is still feeling awful. He went to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon and there were no signs of an ear infection. Still, days later, his ear is killing him and he still has a low fever. I'm not saying that he has an ear infection and I don't claim to have a MD at the end of my name, however, something is causing the fever and pain. We have decided to take him up to Twilight Pediatrics tonight and see what they have to say. He has barely eaten a thing in a week! He is pale, tired, and has a severe earache. The Motrin lasts for a couple hours and then he is completely miserable again.

The boys had their first In the Zone Pep Rally today at school. They all loved it, even though the AC broke in the cafeteria today! Will and Noah have not adjusted to having real homework. Last year their homework took less than 2 minutes to do. This year it takes about 10 to 15 minutes and they are not digging it. I'm talking tears and frustration. It is not too hard for them, they just don't want to focus and get it done. Sadly, at the end of 10 minutes, I'm near tears as well. Having two boys with the look of hate in their eyes because I'm making them do their homework gets a little taxing after the 10 minute mark. Thankfully, tonight is the last night of the week for homework!

Hanna was kind to us and moved further out to sea. Not that anyone in SC or NC wants to hear this, but we have had lovely weather because of the storm. It has been breezy and nice out! Now Ike is barrelling across the ocean. I'm hoping that if it does choose to make Florida a target, I'll be home from my trip. Right now it looks like a Tuesday to Wednesday window if it comes our direction and my flight is supposed to come in on Tuesday at 5:30. Hopefully all turns out okay and if it does come it is after I am home. Predictions that far in advance are always way off and there is still a good chance that it will curve back out to sea.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a good plan to take Ethan back in-poor guy!