Thursday, August 02, 2007

Here is our project in the works. Above is the not so magnetic, magnetic chalkboard. Ethan thought I should stand with it so you could see how big it is. Below is the trim in the middle of being painted. I painted a coat this morning and will do another this afternoon. I think Chris needs to put one more coat of chalkboard paint on and then it will be ready for final assembly. Unfortunately, the magnetic paint isn't a strong as we were hoping for. We followed the directions exactly. The can said to put three coats on a 4' X 4' area for the size can we got. We determined the size of the project based on the can. Had we known, we could have done a smaller board with more coats of magnetic primer. Oh well! Hopefully it will hold up some art.
We are off to run some errands including meeting Chris for lunch at Moe's and signing the boys up for soccer. Noah says he doesn't want to play. I'm bringing his birth certificate in case he changes his mind while we are there. I'm hoping he decides to play.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I thought about warning you abou thte magnetic paint/chalkboard project. We have this in our basement. It was a big bust. I got the magnetic to be strong enough for most magnets (after an insane number of coats), but then it wasn't smooth enough to be a good chalk board. I thought I had just messed it up, but I'm hearing lots of people having the same problem.

Jennifer said...

We have one more smooth board. We are thinking if this doesn't work out, then we'll just put the chalkboard paint on that one. I really wanted the magnetic feature though! Ugh...