Monday, May 05, 2008

Lemonade anybody?

On Sunday, the boys and their friend Emily from down the street decided that they wanted to have a lemonade stand to earn money for Mother's Day presents. With such a good intent, who was I to deny them of this lucrative, uh I mean noble, opportunity.

After we set everything up, Emily had to go get ice cream with her grandmother, so that left them alone to do the selling. We are not inherently the best sales people out there, but the boys did a great job yelling "lemonade" whenever someone was remotely close to us.

I tried to teach them that the most important thing about setting up a business is, "location, location, location," and we unfortunately do not have that on our street. There is little to no traffic coming through our way. It was a lesson hard learned. All in all, I think they made a few dollars. They were thrilled though, which is all that counts.

Here they are squinting into the bright sun.

Before I took the time and made them this awesome sign, I made them submit a business plan to me. I wanted to be sure that they were in it for the long haul. And they were! They lasted a couple of hours, which is a couple of hours longer than I anticipated.

Here are Ethan and Noah deep into selling mode.

1 comment:

The Gangloffs said...

What does a glass of lemonade go for these days?