Monday, May 26, 2008

Oh the Pain!

Saturday was a day of recovery for me. Since returning from my trip to SC, I have been in excruciating pain. I have only had back issues once in the past, but this time was a doozy. I drove Chris' car on the trip and it absolutely did not get along with my back. I went to work on Tuesday, stayed home on Wednesday, and went back to work on Thursday and was in complete agony. I was quite happy on Friday when I realized that I could come home again and spend the day laying on the hard ground on my back! Saturday I tried to venture out and went to the dog park for an hour. I thought since I could sit the entire time that it would be fine. I was wrong! So, back to the hard ground for the rest of the day. Yesterday was slightly better and today for the first time in a week I can stand up straight! I just need to remind myself not to jump into my normal routine of walking quite a few miles a day until I'm completely healed. It is hard to restrain from heading out! Chris has been awesome and has been walking Abby and Hanzie for me each day at least a couple times a day so I'm not in complete pain and guilt! Tonight I'll try for a short walk and I will certainly have to get up tomorrow at 5:30 to walk them. Chris loves me, just not that much!

Will and Noah standing on the tunnel at the dog park.

Hanzie carrying his oh so masculine pink tennis ball!

Abby checking things out at the park. She is nothing like Hanzie and completely forgets that I exist while we are at the dog park. Hanzie, on the other hand, never leaves my side!

Abby is finally becoming a bit more coordinated.

This is where the kids spend the majority of their time!



1 comment:

Jennifer G. said...

I hear your pain. I just had another lumbar epidural injection for my ongoing back pain. Unfortunately, it's not working as well as the last one before this did (about 5 months ago). Back problems are terrible! Abby is looking a lot like Sophie did. She doesn't have that typical blocky head; it's more long. Sophie doesn't have the typical luxurious feeling lab coat. One of these days I'm going to have her DNA tested to see if she is really a mix.