Thursday, May 15, 2008

Will They Ever Get Better?

Geesh! Chris stayed home with Ethan on Tuesday. He wasn't feeling well himself. By Tuesday night Ethan was feeling much better and felt fine yesterday morning. I checked on him a few times throughout the day and he said he felt great. After dinner he had soccer practice and I think that did him in! He came home and read for quite some time before falling asleep. He then woke up in the middle of the night throwing up again. So, today I am home with him. Hopefully he'll be feeling okay for tomorrow. So far this morning he has been feeling fine. He made himself some toast while I was in the shower. At least he picked toast over a Pop-Tart!

This weekend I am meeting my mom and sister in South Carolina to visit my grandmother. She fell and broke her hip and is facing nearly the identical situation as Buppa did. It is so similar it is almost eerie. To top it off, just after she thought she was making good progress in her therapy, her therapist told her she would probably be wheelchair bound for the rest of her life. While most people in their mid-90's might not argue that, my grandmother has always been and still is fiercely independent. Although, at the risk of another fall it is probably best. She broke her other hip a few years ago. I look forward to spending time with her. I wish it could be for longer and that the boys could see her as well.

The boys are having a "Boys' Weekend." Of course that will involve Miss Abby but they said that was okay since she was just a baby. I just hope that they take good care of the dogs while I'm away. I do 90% of the dog duty so it worries me when I have to entrust them to someone else. All the boys have their last soccer games of the season and their end of season parties on Saturday. I think their day will be quite busy. I'm not sure of the other top secret activities that they have planned. I do know that they will be spending Chris' gift certificate that he got for dressing as a woman and taking third place. How fitting for a Boys' Weekend, right?

No comments: