Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Look Who's Turning...

10! Happy Birthday Hanzie!

I simply cannot believe that Hanzie is 10. The boys have a whole party planned for him tonight. He refused to walk this morning at 5:30 so I suppose he is already beginning to show his age! Normally he is at the door before Abby. Well, most of you know, I live my life around Hanzie. Chris has made it clear that he is the last dog that will share our bed with us! He is just an amazing dog and has been a vital part of our family. I only wish that I had ten more years to spend with him!

UPDATE: Hanzie seemed to have a good birthday. He went for a nice walk after we got home from school and had his lunch. We spent the afternoon out in the backyard. Hanzie sat in the shade with me on a blanket and chewed away on his bone. After dinner the girls and Finley came over and we had his party.

The cake...

Here we are singing Happy Birthday to him! (Aunt Roey- We've used this banner more times than you can imagine! We even used it recently at the school's big 50th birthday event.)

Birthday kisses from Finley! (He won't let Abby kiss him!)

In true form Hanzie ate his cake in one big bite!

Abby took a bit longer, she did actually take some bites.

Finley could never win an eating contest!

After his single bite, he did go back and lick the icing off his plate.

The kids were spectators from the bench. Since Hanzie was the birthday boy he got his piece first and the kids were served after the dogs.

Party pooper!

Uh, not really sure!

Here is to hoping for many more birthdays to come for Hanzie!

6 comments:

roey said...

I can't believe he is 10. Seems to me I remember hearing Chris sold a guitar so you could get Hanzie. I hope you have many more years with your first "baby".

Lydia said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Hanzie! It seems your pets are a big part of your family as is ours!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday, Hanzie! Hope his birthday party is a blast!

Jennifer G. said...

Sophie sends her birthday greetings! She'll be three in August!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Hanzie, without you and Emma meeting, the Donegans might never have met the Schraders!

anna said...

Happy Birthday Hanzie. All the Van Valkenburgh animals are singing for you (Lord knows that is alot of animals!)